For all other calls to the police in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland please telephone 101 .
Calls cost 15p from mobiles and landlines, regardless of duration. They are free of charge from payphones.
If you are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, a text phone is available on 18001 101.
You should use these non-emergency numbers to:
- Report a crime not currently in progress – for example a stolen car, burglary, or damaged property.
- Give information to the police about crime in your area.
- Speak to the police about a general enquiry.
- Contact a specific police officer or member of staff.
- See table below for complete list of forces and telephone numbers.
If you need to contact the police from elsewhere please check the website of the force you wish to contact. Please see the complete list of force websites for links. Please note that some forces may not advertise local numbers that can be called from abroad and that where such numbers are made available, they may not be staffed 24/7.